Social Media Marketing for business owners getting started in 2020
by Digital 365
Every business wants a strong connection with their customers and the best way and the easiest way to do so is via Social Media.
Social media helps you create a very personal relationship with your customers.
The mere importance of social media can be identified by the number of users of social media in the world which is 3.5 billion people around 46% of the total world population.
This shows the potential platform to market your business via social media is extremely high.
Social media can get your business very crucial to thing attention of the customer since an average person spends 2 hours 22min per day on social media platforms.
We are here to help you understand how you can use the power of social media to leverage your business.
Why social media is important for business?
- Helps you increase your brand awareness with no budget:
Since you will control the social media platforms of your business you can create awareness about your brand by posting content regularly.
- Know your customer better:
Social media helps you know your customers better. You can have a direct conversation with your customer and the customer can tell you directly what he likes and dislike about your brand and business.
- Increases your website traffic:
You can link your website with your social media handles and get traffic directed towards your website and improve the SEO of your webpage.
Organic vs Paid Marketing
To market your business on social media there are two ways organic and paid. Let’s understand Organic Marketing first-
Organic Marketing is a long term and patient game. You have to regularly create content and build an audience that will create a brand your customer can trust and then you can sell your product and service.
Things to remember while doing organic marketing:
- It’s a long term game so be patient.
- Create content regularly.
- Provide value or solve a problem with your content.
- Engage with your audience on comments and direct messages.
The second way is Paid Marketing.
You can promote i.e. pay the platform so that your content can reach a large number of users of that platform even if they don’t already follow or are subscribed to your page or channel.
Paid Marketing helps you reach more audiences instantly. Although it seems paid marketing will help you more with your business it doesn’t mean you should totally rely on paid marketing alone.
Things to remember while doing paid marketing:
- Create a proper campaign with thorough research before spending your money.
- Don’t rely totally on paid marketing alone use a balance of both paid as well as organic
Let’s take a look at the number of users on different social media platforms:
- It has a total of45 billion active monthly users of which 1.62 billion use the platform on a daily basis.
- 79% of users are 18-29 years old.
- 114 million teens (13-17 years) are on Facebook.
- The percentage of women is higher than men who use Facebook.
- 1 billion monthly active users.
- 9 million teens(13-17 years) are on Instagram.
- 51% of Instagram users are female.
- 800 million active monthly users.
- The most downloaded app on the play store.
- 41% of users are 16-24 years of age.
- Avg time a user spends on TikTok is
- 6% of users are male.
- 330 million monthly active user
- 26% of users are 30-49 years old.
- 66% of users are male.
- 293 million monthly active users
- 53% of users are 15-23 years old
- 61% of users are female.
- Every 3 out of 4 B2B marketers use this platform.
- 57% of users are male.
- 37% of users are 30-49 years old.
Key points to take away for your social marketing campaign-
- Social Media Marketing is not a tricky business, it just needs consistency and patience.
- Using both organic and paid marketing will give you great leverage in social media marketing.
- Don’t rely totally upon paid marketing.
- Use the analytics feature of every social media platform to measure the audience’s likes and dislikes.
- Engage regularly with your audience over comments and direct messages.
- Optimize your social media account using good images and well-written bio.
April 26, 2020